Full stack developer
Join a supportive, collaborative team transforming the legal industry.
At Juno we use technology and user-centric service design to make the legal side of home buying simpler, clearer and faster. We help thousands of people to buy, sell and remortgage their home each year, with a stress-free, highly-automated, online experience underpinned by our cloud-based process automation platform.
That approach has seen us grow tremendously. Our revenue has tripled year-on-year, and we’ve carved out a reputation as user-centric innovators within legal and property sectors. Most importantly, our clients love what we do.
Today, we help hundreds of people in the UK move home every month, served through our regulated English law firm. Over the next 18 months we will expand the scope and scale of services we offer, supporting thousands of people to handle a growing range of major life events.
We’re creating an entirely new class of law firm from the ground up. No-one else is thinking about legal services the way we are (trust us – we’ve checked). Come join us!
We’ve built a close-knit team of attentive, skilled developers, working alongside inquisitive and committed legal experts. We work remotely, all over the UK, and we come from a huge variety of backgrounds. Our founding team created www.gov.uk and the tools that power theguardian.com, so we know a few things about building high quality, large scale digital services.
We work hard to make Juno a great place to work. We regularly take stock of how things are going for every team – and learn from what people share.
That feedback has helped us become more transparent, better-connected, and it’s helped us make more fundamental changes, like working with parents and carers to support bespoke work hours.
Within the product and platform team you’ll find a supportive, collaborative environment, where everyone has the power to shape how our services work.
You’ll join our Product and Platform team, building and maintaining the tools our staff and clients use every day.
This is an opportunity to develop industry-defining tools and services, in an interesting and under-served domain.
- Working with colleagues across the company to build out new, highly automated tools that eliminate routine work
- Developing integrations with third party APIs, working with government and open banking APIs among others
- Extending the capabilities of our bespoke JSON-based configuration language, enabling automation across all of our cases
- Modelling new structures in the database and writing code to access them
- Inventing and implementing new, ML-backed automations that support our colleagues by drawing attention to critical legal matters
- Defining the AWS infrastructure which runs the application
- Supporting your colleagues in the conveyancing and development teams as we triage and fix emerging issues
- Building new pages to show our colleagues the right information at the right time and developing intuitive UI features
The technologies we use are:
- Our staff tools are Python-based applications that use the flask framework
- We store data in Postgres databases, using SQLAlchemy to access this from our Python apps
- We extensively test our applications using unit testing frameworks and application level tests using cypress
- We store our infrastructure as code, using terraform to specify our environments
We don’t expect you to know all of the technologies and libraries we use, but a knowledge of some will be a great start.
Who we’re looking for
- 3+ years commercial experience, working in an agile development team
- Strong Python or Go
- Comfortable working with end users to define and test new features
- Strong communication skills and comfortable in a remote first environment
- Competitive salary package including growth shares, so your efforts are rewarded as the company grows
- 25 days of annual leave a year, plus UK public holidays
- Employer pension contribution (3% of salary)
- Access to Spill, a remote therapy service any member of the team can use in complete confidence to get mental health support
- A culture open to innovation and new approaches
- A company welcoming remote employees since day 1, not just since the pandemic
How to apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your CV and a covering letter explaining why you’d be great for the role.