Agent and broker referral terms
Version 1.1, updated 21 July 2022
These terms apply if you’re an estate agent or mortgage broker and you refer a client to Juno.
If you’re buying, selling or remortgaging a property, you need our terms and conditions for conveyancing.
If you’re a client referring to Juno, you need our client referral terms.
Who we are
We’re Juno Property Lawyers Limited.
- Registered office: 43–51 New North Road
- Company Number: 1022 7405
- VAT Number: 243 966 087
Words we use in these terms
In these terms, the following words and phrases have the following meanings:
- ‘Estate agent’, ‘mortgage broker’ or ‘you’ means the company referring clients to us. If you work as a sole trader or private individual, ‘estate agent’, ‘mortgage broker’ or ‘you’ means the person agreeing to these terms.
- ‘Juno’, ‘we’ or ‘us’ means Juno Property Lawyers Limited.
- ‘Terms’ means these terms and conditions.
- ‘Refer’ or ‘referral’ means sharing your client’s details with us so we can email them a quote and call them to sign them up for our conveyancing service.
- ‘Link’ means the unique web address we provide you with so you can refer clients to us.
- ‘Transaction’ means any residential conveyancing transaction in England or Wales. ‘Sale’ means a sale transaction, ‘purchase’ means a purchase transaction, and ‘remortgage’ means a remortgage transaction.
- ‘Complete’ or ‘completion’ means the point when we successfully complete a sale, purchase or remortgage in line with standard conveyancing practice.
- ‘Fall through’ or ‘fail’ means a sale to a given buyer or purchase from a given seller that did not exchange, or a remortgage of a given property with a given lender that did not complete.
How it works
- We provide you with a unique link you can use to refer clients to us.
- We’ll email them a quote and call them to sign them up for our conveyancing service. We won’t use the personal information you share with us for anything else.
- Once a person or company signs up with Juno as our client, their relationship with us will be governed by our standard terms and conditions.
- You’re free to use your link to refer anyone who might need a residential conveyancing in England or Wales, but we do not guarantee that we’ll be able to take on every referral as a client.
- Before you refer someone to Juno, you must get their consent to share their personal information with us so we can email them a quote and call them to sign them up for our conveyancing service. You’re responsible for complying with the UK GDPR when you make a referral.
- For sale and purchase cases that have been referred to Juno under these terms, we may pay an individual incentive once a case reaches a certain milestone.
- We typically offer a £10 online voucher for each referral once we’ve reached a specific milestone, to be solely determined by us. One voucher will be sent by email at the start of each month to the person whose details are given in our online referral form, covering all of their qualifying cases for the previous month.
- We reserve the right to cancel or pause individual incentives if we have reasonable grounds to suspect that referrals are being made for cases that will have an above average failure rate.
- We may pay a referral fee to you or your organisation when we complete a transaction for a client you’ve referred to us via your unique referral link, or via another method if that’s been mutually agreed in writing between us. We call this a ‘referral deal’. Such arrangements are time-limited offers, which we have the right to change at any time. If we do change the specifics of a referral deal we’ve shared with you then we’ll try to give you as much notice as possible.
- Referral fees are only paid when the referred client(s) has successfully completed their transaction, and on receipt of a valid invoice – we’ll send instructions for how to issue an invoice once each transaction completes. It’s up to you to get internal agreement for an invoice to be issued either from your organisation or from a specific individual. If you’re a VAT registered organisation then we’ll need a full VAT invoice to make payment.
- If the person you referred has already signed up with Juno as a client, you won’t be eligible for a referral fee for this transaction.
- We also operate a loyalty bonus program for organisations that refer a large number of cases to us. Loyalty bonuses are determined through a points based system, based on the number and type of cases referred to Juno that pass a specific milestone in the case lifecycle. We’ll share details of our loyalty bonus program with you directly.
- Finally, if you don’t want to receive a referral fee or a loyalty bonus, please let us know.
Restrictions on use of referral links
- Quotes issued to potential clients through a referral link (or via other channels mutually agreed in writing between us) cannot be combined with any other offers or discounts that may be available directly from Juno or through third parties.
- You can refer as many clients as you like and there’s no limit on the value you can receive from successful referrals. However, we do ask that you don’t make false statements about Juno or your relationship to us, and that you don’t include your referral link in paid-for advertising.
- We reserve the right to disable your referral link or change the underlying referral deal if you do anything we’ve asked you not to do, or for any other reason.
Liability for taxes due on referral income
- Referral links are allocated per organisation, unless mutually agreed in writing between us, and should not be shared outside of that organisation.
- Any referral fees you earn from us can’t be transferred to anyone else.
- You’re responsible for declaring any taxable income that arises to the relevant authorities and paying any taxes owed.
No obligation to take on referrals
- We have the right to refuse to act for your referrals at our sole discretion.
- It’s up to us whether we contact your referrals.
- We are not required to give you notice if we wish to stop accepting referrals from you.
- Occasionally we may find (after starting work) that we’re unable to continue working on one of your referred transactions. If this happens we will let you know, and you won’t be eligible for any referral fees or loyalty bonuses, but we may not be able to tell you the reason why we can’t continue (for example, if a client is suspected of money laundering).
By accepting these terms and unless agreed otherwise in writing between us, you grant permission for Juno to use the name and logo of your organisation in any list of participating estate agents and brokers that we may publish on our website and/or may share directly with prospective referral partners, investors and lenders. If we do not act for any clients referred by you in a 60 day period then this permission will automatically lapse and we will remove your organisation from any such lists and materials.
Updating these terms
We reserve the right to update these terms of business as needed, and if we do that we’ll give you as much notice as possible. If we update these terms of business, the previous terms of business will apply to any referrals made under the old terms of business.
English law applies to all of our client referral deals. By sharing your referral code you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.