Conveyancing solicitors in Dorchester
Get peace of mind, with fixed price quotes and second chance guarantee
Complete your move up to two months faster than most other law firms
Rated Excellent on Trustpilot, trusted by thousands of people every year
Dorchester Conveyancing with Juno
Dorchester, a historic county town of Dorset, is much sought after for its beautiful landscapes, reputable schools, and vibrant arts scene. If you’re planning to buy or sell property in this quintessentially English locale, you’ll need expert conveyancing support. That’s where Juno, your leading online conveyancing firm in England and Wales, comes in.
Why Choose Juno for Conveyancing in Dorchester
At Juno, we revolutionise the traditionally tedious conveyancing process into something simpler, clearer, and faster. Here are the key reasons why Dorchester residents choose us:
- Our conveyancing process is significantly faster, often completing up to 8 weeks quicker than the national average.
- Our digital-first approach allows access to an intuitive online dashboard, enabling you to track progress and respond to questions easily and on your own time.
- Our commitment to transparency ensures that you receive clear pricing, with no hidden fees.
- Our high rating on Trustpilot reflects our dedication to excellent customer service.
- Our unique guarantees, including the Second Chance and the ‘no completion, no fee’ policies, let you proceed with confidence.
- Our experienced team provides a blend of local knowledge, national coverage, and tech expertise.
- As a firm regulated by the CLC, we are trusted and reliable partners in your property transactions.
Benefits of Online Conveyancing
Choosing an online conveyancer like Juno over traditional local options delivers multiple benefits.
Firstly, it gives you the convenience of transacting primarily with your mobile phone – no printouts, no physical visits, pure digital ease. Tasks such as ID checks and contract e-signatures can all be done from the comfort of your home or while you’re on the move.
Secondly, Juno’s reach is not limited to Dorchester or Dorset. Being a national practice means we bring with us invaluable nationwide expertise, evidenced by our approval from all major UK lenders.
Lastly, our proactive approach ensures that you’re not left in the dark at any point in your journey. Regular updates through emails and accessible support via calls, coupled with our online dashboard, ensure you always stay informed and in control.
Choose Juno for your conveyancing needs in Dorchester and experience the difference.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does the conveyancing process work for buying a property?
When buying a property in Dorchester, the process with Juno is straightforward:
- Sign-Up: Begin by registering with us.
- Mortgage and Funding: Organise your finances, including mortgage details.
- Search Reports: We order and review comprehensive searches.
- Contract Pack: The seller’s lawyer sends us a draft contract, Land Registry records, and property information from the seller.
- Survey: We recommend acquiring a survey to fully understand the property condition.
- Enquiries: We liaise with the seller’s lawyer to resolve any legal issues.
- Report: We provide a full legal report before exchanging contracts.
- Exchange: Contracts are exchanged, making the agreement legally binding.
- Completion: The transaction is completed, and the ownership is transferred.
- Registration: We register your ownership with the Land Registry.
How does the conveyancing process work for selling a property?
The process of selling a property in Dorchester with Juno involves these steps:
- Sign-Up: Register with Juno to initiate the process.
- Contract Pack: We’ll prepare a draft contract and obtain the Land Registry records.
- Property Information Forms: You’ll provide detailed property information - all possible with Juno online platform.
- Management Pack: If you’re selling a leasehold, you’ll request the management pack from your managing company.
- Mortgage Statements: These will be necessary to verify existing financial obligations.
- Enquiries: We’ll answer any queries from the buyer’s lawyer.
- Exchange: Contracts are exchanged, committing both parties to the sale.
- Completion: The transaction is finalised and ownership transferred to the buyer.
How long does conveyancing take in Dorchester?
While the national average for conveyancing is 20 weeks, Juno typically completes the process in an average of 12 weeks for freehold properties. Leaseholds may take slightly longer due to the need for correspondence with management companies. If both buyer and seller use Juno, the process can often be expedited by 2-3 weeks.
What searches are involved in conveyancing?
The key searches carried out during the conveyancing process include local authority checks, environmental searches, and water & drainage searches. These searches allow us to identify any potential legal or practical issues with the property.
What issues should buyers consider when purchasing a home in Dorchester?
When buying a property in Dorchester, factors such as the property’s age, its location within flood zones, or proximity to areas of natural beauty (which could limit potential development), and the local amenities, schools, and transport links are all important considerations.
What documents do I need to buy a house?
To buy a house, you need a photo ID (passport or driving license), proof of funds (typically bank statements), and a mortgage offer if you’re using a loan to purchase.
What documents do I need to sell a house?
When selling a house, you’ll need a photo ID, details of the mortgage, and further documents such as EPC, property information forms TA6 and TA10, leasehold management packs etc. Our legal team can guide you through this process.
Is Juno’s service available throughout Dorchester?
Yes, Juno offers online conveyancing support throughout Dorchester no matter where you’re located.
Is online conveyancing as secure as traditional conveyancing?
Yes, Juno adheres to stringent legal standards and uses encrypted systems keeping all your information securely. We’re also regulated by the CLC, ensuring that we are trusted and reliable partners in your property transactions.
Can I track the progress of my conveyancing online?
Yes, our digital-first approach allows you to track your conveyancing process in real-time through a convenient online dashboard. Thus, you always stay informed of your transaction’s progress.
How much does conveyancing cost in Dorchester?
Use our online tool to get an instant quote for conveyancing below: