Conveyancing solicitors in Preston
Get peace of mind, with fixed price quotes and second chance guarantee
Complete your move up to two months faster than most other law firms
Rated Excellent on Trustpilot, trusted by thousands of people every year
Welcome to Conveyancing in Preston
When stepping into the bustling city of Preston, it’s impossible to ignore its rich heritage, from the iconic Harris Museum to the picturesque Avenham Park, and the vibrant markets that bring the city to life. As one of the fastest-growing cities in the North West, it’s no wonder that more and more people are looking to call Preston their home. However, the process of conveyancing – transferring the legal title of a property from one person to another – can often prove complex, particularly when dealing with a city so steeped in history. That’s where Juno comes in.
Why Choose Juno for Conveyancing in Preston
At Juno, our mission is to take the complexity out of conveyancing, making it simpler, clearer, and faster. Here’s why you should trust us with your conveyancing:
- Swift and Efficient: We complete the conveyancing process in an average of 12 weeks – that’s 8 weeks faster than the national average.
- Transparent Pricing: With us, you’ll receive an instant quote with guaranteed legal fees and no hidden charges.
- Online Convenience: Our fully digital service includes an online dashboard for progress tracking and online ID checks.
- Exceptional Support: Besides our user-friendly dashboard, we provide friendly phone support and regular email updates. We respond to 95% of calls immediately.
- Trusted and Approved: We boast a 4.8/5 Trustpilot rating and are approved by all major UK lenders, ensuring you’re in safe hands.
- Risk-Free Service: With our no completion no fee policy on sales and our Second Chance Guarantee on purchases, you can proceed with peace of mind.
- Local Knowledge, National Expertise: Although we operate online, our highly experienced property lawyers have deep understanding of the local property market in Preston and across England and Wales.
Benefits of an Online Conveyancer over a Local One
In this digital age, the benefits of using an online conveyancer are simply too numerous to overlook. With Juno, all transactions, including signing contracts, can happily take place on your mobile phone. Sitting in the comfort of your home, you’re getting access to broader national expertise and tailored local knowledge of Preston.
Moreover, our online nature means you don’t need to take out time for arranging in-person appointments or printing and storing documents. You’re also contributing to a greener world by reducing paper usage.
But it’s not all about convenience and eco-friendliness alone. Online conveyancers like Juno are often significantly quicker than traditional conveyancing firms. With automated processes and slick tech in place, we’re able to complete your conveyancing process in just mere weeks. So that beautiful house in the heart of Preston could be yours a lot sooner than you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does the conveyancing process work for buying a property in Preston?
The conveyancing process for buying a property involves several steps:
- Sign-Up: The process begins when you sign up with us at Juno.
- Mortgage and Funding: You will secure your mortgage and funding.
- Search Reports: We will order and review the necessary searches.
- Contract Pack: The seller’s lawyer will send us a draft contract, the Land Registry records for the property, and an information pack provided by the seller.
- Survey: We recommend getting a survey on top of any mortgage valuation.
- Enquiries: We will ask the seller’s lawyer to clarify and fix any legal issues with the property.
- Report: A detailed report will be made.
- Exchange: The exchange of contracts happens next.
- Completion: The final step is completion, where the property legally becomes yours.
- Registration: The property is then registered in your name.
How does the conveyancing process work for selling a property in Preston?
The conveyancing process for selling a property is a bit different:
- Sign-Up: As with buying a property, you begin by signing up with us at Juno.
- Contract Pack: We will draft a contract, obtain land registry records and send it to the buyer’s lawyer.
- Property Information Forms: You will need to provide detailed information and documents for the property. With Juno, this can be done online.
- Management Pack: If you’re selling a leasehold, you’ll request a management pack from your management company.
- Mortgage Statements: Payoff details are arranged.
- Enquiries: We respond to enquiries.
- Exchange: The exchange of contracts is next.
- Completion: The sale is final when completion occurs.
How long does conveyancing take in Preston?
The national average for conveyancing is 20 weeks, but with Juno, the process is 8 weeks faster, averaging around 12 weeks for a freehold. Leaseholds can take a little longer due to the need to correspond with management companies. If both the seller and purchaser use Juno for the same transaction, we usually complete in around 9 to 10 weeks.
What searches are involved in conveyancing?
The main searches conducted during the conveyancing process include local authority checks, environmental surveys, and water & drainage searches.
What should buyers consider when purchasing a home in Preston?
Preston is a rapidly growing city with a rich history. When purchasing a property here, buyers may want to pay attention to factors such as the proximity to bustling markets, popular local landmarks like the Harris Museum and Avenham Park and transport links. It may also be useful to consider the city’s growth plans and property regulations.
What documents do I need to buy a house?
You will need a photo ID (passport or driving licence), proof of funds (bank statements), and your mortgage offer.
What documents do I need to sell a house?
You will need a photo ID (passport or driving licence), and details of your current mortgage. Juno’s legal team will guide you through the process of creating or finding the other required documents, such as EPC, property information forms TA6 and TA10, and leasehold management packs.
How can Juno’s Online Dashboard help me during my conveyancing process?
Juno offers a user-friendly online dashboard that allows you to track your progress at any time. This 24/7 access gives you the freedom to review your case whenever it’s convenient for you, so you’re always up-to-date with your conveyancing process.
What if I have more questions or need support during my conveyancing process?
Juno is not just about online convenience. We also offer exceptional phone support and regular email updates. And with our responsiveness, you can rest assured that we’re always here to address any queries you have.
How much does conveyancing cost in Preston?
Use our online tool to get an instant quote for conveyancing below: