Conveyancing solicitors in Stevenage
Get peace of mind, with fixed price quotes and second chance guarantee
Complete your move up to two months faster than most other law firms
Rated Excellent on Trustpilot, trusted by thousands of people every year
Conveyancing in Stevenage
Whether you’re selling your home in the captivating Old Town or purchasing that dream house in the family-friendly St Nicholas neighbourhood, our conveyancing services ensure that your property transaction in Stevenage is as smooth and efficient as possible. Stevenage offers a rich blend of history and modernity, and as the first New Town designated under the New Towns Act of 1946, it’s richly steeped in British architectural innovation. Juno’s online conveyancing services meet these modern expectations, making us the ideal solution for your property needs in Stevenage.
Why Choose Juno for Your Conveyancing in Stevenage
- Juno operates on a Simpler, Clearer, Faster basis, removing traditional legal complexities.
- With an average turnaround of 12 weeks, Juno is significantly faster than the national conveyancing average.
- Our Online Dashboard and regular proactive email updates keep you informed every step of the way.
- Experience our friendly phone support that answers 95% of calls the first time.
- Enjoy our ‘Second Chance’ guarantee on purchases and a ‘No completion, no fee’ assurance on sales.
- Benefit from our transparent pricing policy, which guarantees no hidden costs.
- Experience convenience with Juno’s fully-digital processes, including online ID checks and contract e-signatures.
Benefits of Choosing Juno’s Online Conveyancing over a Local Firm
Choosing Juno’s online conveyancing services provides you with a wealth of benefits not typically found with a local Stevenage conveyancer. Our service harnesses national expertise coupled with local knowledge, providing a high-level of service particularly tailored to the residential property market in England and Wales.
With our online dashboard, you can track the progress of your case conveniently from your mobile device, without the need to physically visit an office or print out reams of documents. This ease of use extends even further with our digital processes, enabling you to verify your ID and sign contracts electronically.
Our approach is designed for maximum convenience, enabling you to buy or sell a property in Stevenage straight from your mobile phone. This harnesses our expertise in technology and our desire to provide a straightforward and swift conveyancing process.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does the conveyancing process for buying a property work in Stevenage?
When buying a property, the conveyancing process generally involves the following steps:
- Sign-Up: Engage Juno for our online conveyancing services.
- Mortgage and Funding: Secure your mortgage and ensure you have relevant funding in place.
- Search Reports: We order and review the necessary searches on the property.
- Contract Pack: The seller’s lawyer will forward us a draft contract, Land Registry records, and a pack of data provided by the seller.
- Survey: We advise all our clients to have a thorough survey conducted, besides any mandatory mortgage valuation.
- Enquiries: We liaise with the seller’s lawyer to clarify or rectify any legal issues concerning the property.
- Report: We provide you with a comprehensive report on the property’s legal health.
- Exchange: Contract exchange happens, committing both parties to the sale.
- Completion: The final legal transfer of the property occurs, and you can move in.
- Registration: We register the property in your name at the Land Registry.
How does the conveyancing process work when selling a property in Stevenage?
When selling a property, the conveyancing steps you’ll go through with Juno are as follows:
- Sign Up: Appoint Juno as your online conveyancing firm.
- Contract Pack: We prepare a contract, obtain Land Registry records, and send these to the buyer’s lawyer.
- Property Information Forms: We ask you to provide detailed online information and documents about the property. We review this and send it to the buyer’s lawyer.
- Management Pack: If your property is leasehold, you’ll request a management pack from your managing company.
- Mortgage Statements: You need to provide your recent mortgage statements.
- Enquiries: The buyer may ask for further clarifications.
- Exchange: Contracts are exchanged, committing both parties.
- Completion: The legal transfer of the property happens.
How long does conveyancing take in Stevenage?
Though nationally conveyancing can take on average 20 weeks, on average, at Juno, we complete the process 8 weeks quicker: an average of 12 weeks on a freehold property. Leasehold properties take a bit longer due to necessary correspondence with management companies. If a seller and buyer both use Juno for a property transaction, we typically complete 2-3 weeks quicker.
What searches are involved in conveyancing?
The central searches in conveyancing include local authority checks, environmental searches, and water & drainage searches.
What issues should potential buyers consider when purchasing a home in Stevenage?
Stevenage offers a unique mix of the old and new, and each area has its unique qualities. So when looking for a house in Stevenage, consider the different neighbourhoods and what they offer, transport links, local schools, amenities, and whether the infrastructure suits your lifestyle.
What documents do I need to buy a house?
You will need to provide your photo ID (passport or driving licence), proof of your funds (via bank statements), and your mortgage offer.
What documents do I need to sell a house?
When selling, you’ll need your photo ID (passport or driving licence), mortgage details, and any other documents for the property such as the Energy Performance Certificate. Our legal team will guide you through creating or finding other necessary documents such as property information forms TA6 and TA10, leasehold management packs, etc.
Are Juno’s online conveyancing services fully legal and recognised?
Absolutely! Juno’s digital services are fully compliant with the regulatory authorities, and we’re authorised by the Council for Licensed Conveyancers.
Can I liaise with someone directly if I have questions during the conveyancing process?
Yes, Juno’s team is accessible via phone, and we respond to about 95% of calls the first time.
How secure are my documents and information with Juno?
Juno takes data security very seriously. We employ state-of-the-art security measures to ensure that your data remains safe and confidential. All documentation shared with us is stored securely online, offering a safer option than traditional paper documents.
How much does conveyancing cost in Stevenage?
Use our online tool to get an instant quote for conveyancing below: