Conveyancing solicitors in Watford
Get peace of mind, with fixed price quotes and second chance guarantee
Complete your move up to two months faster than most other law firms
Rated Excellent on Trustpilot, trusted by thousands of people every year
Conveyancing in Watford
When it comes to buying or selling property, the bustling town of Watford offers opportunities aplenty. Nestled in Hertfordshire, close to the beauty of the Chiltern Hills and yet within easy reach of central London, Watford brings together the charm of suburban life with all the conveniences of the city. However, navigating the complexities of conveyancing in Watford can be challenging. That’s where Juno comes in.
Why Choose Juno for Conveyancing in Watford
Here at Juno, we’ve created an efficient conveyancing experience that combines the best of legal expertise with cutting-edge technology. When you choose Juno for conveyancing in Watford, you are choosing:
- A Faster Process: Our tech-driven processes allow us to complete your conveyancing 8 weeks faster than the national average.
- Online Access to your case progression with our mobile-friendly dashboard.
- Proactive Communication: Weekly email updates about your case status and professional, friendly phone support.
- Transparent Pricing: Instant online quotes with guaranteed legal fees and no hidden charges.
- Trust: A highly rated service trusted by thousands each year.
- Risk-free Deals: Our Second Chance Guarantee on purchase cases and no completions, no fee on sales cases.
- Local Expertise, National Coverage: Our expert team has extensive knowledge of Watford and works across England and Wales.
The Juno Advantage: Online Conveyancing vs Traditional Conveyancing
While traditional, local conveyancing firms can offer a solid service, Juno brings a digital advantage. We believe in leveraging technology to provide more efficient, affordable and customer-friendly conveyancing. Choosing an online firm like Juno offers advantages such as:
Our team of expert lawyers has a UK-wide focus on residential transactions, ensuring you get the best advice regardless of location.
Given that the entire process is online, you can access your dashboard, check progress, reply to questions, and even sign your contract at your comfort, using just your mobile phone.
Say goodbye to the huge stacks of paperwork. At Juno, all processes, including ID verification, are performed online, saving time and reducing our collective carbon footprint.
Whether you’re in Watford, elsewhere in Hertfordshire or even further afield, as an online provider, we’re always just a click or a call away.
Frequently asked questions
How does the conveyancing process work for buying a property in Watford?
The conveyancing process for buying a property involves several key stages:
- Sign-Up - Start by signing up with Juno online.
- Mortgage and Funding - Secure the necessary finances for your property purchase. This often involves applying for a mortgage.
- Search Reports - We order and review several essential reports about the property and its locality.
- Contract Pack - The seller’s lawyer sends us a draft contract, the Land Registry records for the property, and a pack of information provided by the seller.
- Survey - We strongly recommend all our clients get a survey, in addition to any mortgage valuation.
- Enquiries - If there are any legal issues with the property, we liaise with the seller’s lawyer to clarify and/or fix them.
- Report - We compile a comprehensive report based on all previous stages.
- Exchange - You and the seller exchange contracts, and a completion date is set.
- Completion - On the pre-agreed date, the property legally becomes yours.
- Registration - As your conveyancers, we then register you as the new owner of the property with the Land Registry.
How does the conveyancing process work for selling a property in Watford?
Like the buying process, there are several steps involved in the conveyancing process for selling a property:
- Sign Up - Begin the process by signing up with us online.
- Contract Pack - Our team will draft a contract, obtain land registry records, and send it across to the buyer’s lawyer.
- Property Information Forms - As the seller, you’ll be required to provide detailed information and documents for the property. You can do this all online with Juno. Once received and checked by our team, we send them to the buyer’s lawyer.
- Management Pack - If you’re selling a leasehold property, you’ll need to request this pack from your management company.
- Mortgage Statements - You need to provide these as evidence of the outstanding balances related to the property.
- Enquiries - The buyer’s lawyer may have some legal enquiries which we’ll assist in clarifying.
- Exchange - When you’re ready, contracts are exchanged with the buyer, and the completion date is set.
- Completion - On this date, the property legally becomes the buyer’s.
How long does conveyancing take in Watford?
The length of the conveyancing process can vary, but on average it takes approximately 20 weeks nationally. However, Juno clients can expect a faster service, as we typically complete conveyancing for a freehold property in about 12 weeks on average. If both the seller and buyer are Juno clients in the same transaction, the process can finish 2-3 weeks quicker. Conveyancing on leasehold properties may take a bit longer due to corresponding with the management company.
What searches are involved in conveyancing in Watford?
Conveyancing searches typically include checks with the local authority, environmental agencies and water & drainage companies. These searches give you vital information about the property and its surrounding area.
What issues should buyers consider when purchasing a property in Watford?
Buying a property in Watford, it’s important to consider factors such as location, local amenities, transport links to London, and future developments in the area. A local authority search, as part of your conveyancing process, can provide insight into many of these local considerations.
What documents do I need to buy a house in Watford?
The key documents you need to buy a house are your photo ID (passport or driving license), proof of funds (bank statements), and your mortgage offer.
What documents do I need to sell a house in Watford?
To sell a house, you need a form of photo ID (passport or driving license) and details of the mortgage. Juno’s legal team will guide you in creating or finding other required documents such as the Energy Performance Certificate (EPC), property information forms TA6 and TA10, leasehold management packs etc.
Can Juno assist with both residential and commercial property conveyancing?
Yes, while Juno specialises in residential property transactions, our expert team can assist with commercial property conveyancing as well. Our knowledgeable, nationwide team ensures you receive the best advice regardless of location.
Can I access my conveyancing details online with Juno?
Indeed, with Juno, you can follow your case progression with our user-friendly, mobile-enabled dashboard. You can check progress, respond to questions, and sign your contract at your convenience, using a mobile phone, tablet or computer.
How much does conveyancing cost in Watford?
Use our online tool to get an instant quote for conveyancing below: